[Application open now!]
Great ideas are worthless without execution.
Seize every opportunity, join our $300,000 for New Venture – Business Plan Competition, and win everything you need: funding, mentorship, human resource, and facility!
Contestants may enter as individual or preferably a team, illustrate their ideas of any product or service in the form of a business plan, and win one of the $300,000 prizes
(in cash and in kind)! There will be up to two winners!
Phase 1: Submission of team member list by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (Deadline: 31 March 2015)
Phase 2: Business plan submission (Deadline: 30 April 2015)
Phase 3: Screening by Knowledge Transfer Office and BEST Advisory Committee
Phase 4: Announcement of shortlisted contestants (18 May 2015)
Phase 4: Formal presentation of shortlisted submission (Presentation must be conducted in English) (Early June)
Phase 5: Announcement of Winners
Enter as individual or preferably a team.
A minimum one team member should be currently enrolled HKBU student or HKBU alumni.
HK$300,000 (in cash and in kind) including:
Please fill in the Competition Entry Form, and then submit the file at the following links:
2014/15 versions available now
31 March 2015 - Submission of team member list
30 April 2015 - Submission of business plan
RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT OF SHORTLISTED CONTESTANTS
18 May 2015
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Am I eligible for $300,000 For New Venture if I did not participate in $5,000 FOR 3 PAGES - Business Proposal Competition or $500 FOR 1 PAGE - Business Idea Competition?
$500 FOR 1 PAGE - Business Idea, $5,000 FOR 3 PAGES - Business Proposal, and $300,000 FOR NEW VENTURE - Business Plan are individual competitions, and one’s result in one competition does not affect your eligibility nor result in the other competitions. One may participate in one or all of these competitions.
2. Am I eligible for the BEST business competition series if I am not from the School of Business Administration?
BEST is an entrepreneurship platform organized by Knowledge Transfer Office for ALL HKBU students. Anyone is eligible as long as he / she is currently enrolled as a student or alumni at HKBU.
3. Is there any restriction to the content of the $300,000 For New Venture?
To encourage students to be more active in entrepreneurship and think outside the box, the competition does not put any restriction to the content of the business proposal.
Any business plan for commercial company or social enterprise that positively contributes to the society is fair game. Plagiarized works and works with inappropriate contents will be disqualified.
4. How many pages should I write for the $300,000 For New Venture - Business Proposal Competition?
This competition encourages students to describe their business plan with clarity and detail. Clear and detailed business plans may be more advantageous during screening and judging.
5. I have participated in $500 FOR 1 PAGE - Business Idea Competition and / or $5,000 FOR 3 PAGES - Business Plan Competition. May I use the same idea for $300,000 For New Venture?
The same idea may be used but the business plan should be written with greater clarity and detail than the business idea to be competitive in this competition.
6. I will graduate very soon. May I still take part in $300,000 For New Venture?
All HKBU currently enrolled students and alumni are welcome to submit the proposal on or before the deadline (2 May 2014).
7. Can we add the person who is not the student at HKBU into the team in order to improve the competitiveness?
For any team, one of the members should be currently enrolled HKBU student or alumni.
Tel: (852) 3411 8097